Availability: In Stock
Celosia red/yellow is one of the most important display plants during the Lunar New Year, seeing them usually signifies that the Lunar New Year is almost here. The Chinese name of the Celosia argentea var. plumosa is ‘凤尾’ which means Phoenix Tail and they represent harmony and good fortune.
The blooms come in reds and yellows and they are usually displayed in alternating pairs on opposing side of doors to usher in harmony and good fortune.
- Sunlight: Full or partial sunlight
- Water: Water daily, increase the amount of water given if leaves of the plant droops
- Fertilizer: Fertiliser is not required when plants are in bloom.
- Height: approx. 70cm
- Pot type: Comes in a brown plastic landscape pot (with drainage holes).
Soil for Celosia argentea var. plumosa
Celosia argentea var. plumosa should be grown in fertilised potting mix. Make or buy a fertilized mix that consist of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost, and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for Celosia argentea var. plumosa plants needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival, and making sure your plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don’t mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.
* Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photo.
* Kindly take note when you’re purchasing matching pot, the diameter has to be larger than the rootball size.