Mandarin orange 80 cm pot (8-9ft)
Availability: In Stock
Mandarin Orange is a popular traditional display plant for the Lunar New Year. The large round golden fruits of this plant symbolize gold nuggets. As the Chinese word for ‘Citrus’ sounds similar to ‘Luck” and ‘Wealth’, a pot at home is believed to draw in wealth and good luck for the new year.
- Sunlight: Direct or Partial sunlight, exposure to strong direct sunlight might cause the fruits to drop at a faster rate.
- Water: Water when soil is dry to the touch.
- Fertiliser: Do not fertilise when the plant is fruiting.
- Plant size: approx. 80 cm pot (8-9ft) (vary in sizes)
- Rootball size: N.A
- Pot type: Plant comes in a traditional green clay pot with dragon print (with drainage hole)
Soil for Mandarin Orange
Mandarin Orange plants should be grown in fertilized potting mix. Make or buy a fertilized mix that consists of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost, and other ingredients. A lightweight soil for Mandarin Orange needs to provide good drainage, hold moisture, and give roots room to grow.
All plants depend on light for their survival and making sure your plants get the right amount of light is key to keeping them happy. For both indoor and outdoor containers, group plants with similar light requirements. Don’t mix shade lovers with sun lovers in a single pot; one or both of them will be unhappy, depending on where you place the pot.
* Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size and arrangement may differ from photo.
* Kindly take note when you’re purchasing matching pot, the diameter has to be larger than the rootball size